Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Travel Checklist

I’m the type of gal who does not want to forget items I need while travelling. I live by the Girl’s Scout's motto, “Laging handa.” (Always prepared) and writing ‘To-do-lists’ is one of my fetishes.

As a result, I came up with a list of travel essentials (for women) I have noted and identified since I started travelling. I wrote down all of them in a Mini Memo pad, which I keep inside my wallet.



So now, every time I have travel plans (be it overnight or a week and even for months), I always refer to my “Travel Checklist” (found below) for the things I need to bring for my trip.


  • CLOTHINGS

o   Underwear (always bring extra)
o   T-shirts
o   Blouses
o   Shorts
o   Pants & skirts
o   Pyjama
o   Dress (if needed)
o   Jacket (with hood/waterproof, if possible)
o   Socks
o   Hanky
  • FOOTWEAR

o   Slippers
o   Shoes (preferably flat)
o   Sandals
o   Sneakers
  •          ACCESSORIES

o   Eyeglasses or contact lenses (with cleaning solutions)
o   Watch
o   Sunglasses or Shades
o   Ponytail/clamp/clips
o   Belt
o   Cap/bonnet/headwear
o   Earrings, anklet, bracelet
  •         SLEEPING APPARELS

o   Malong/sarong
o   Small pillow
o   Insect repellent spray or lotion (for outdoors)
o   Eye mask & ear plugs
  •         OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF

o   Travel bag, daypack/handbag & bag organizers (mesh bags)
o   Book
o   Notebook & pen
o   Lighter
o   Pen light/flash light & batteries
o   Wallet, money, coin purse, credit card, IDs
o   Ziplock bags or Plastic bags
o   Umbrella
o   Medicine & first aid kit
o   Important documents (passport, visa, tickets, itinerary, booking confirmation/online purchase printouts)
o   Games/Playing cards
o   Swiss army knife (must be inside your check-in bags, otherwise do not bring one)
  •         ELECTRONICS

o   DSLR & charger (w/ battery & SD card)
o   Point & shoot camera & charger
o   Cellular phone (preferably iPhone/Android) and charger
o   iPod & charger
o   E-book reader
o   Laptop & charger
  •         SWIMMING APPAREL

o   Swimsuit/bikini
o   Hair cap
o   Goggles
o   Sunblock
  •         TOILETRIES

o   Soap
o   Shampoo & Conditioner
o   Facial wash, Moisturizer, & Toner
o   Loofah
o   Face towel & Big towel
o   Toothbrush & Toothpaste
o   Dental floss & Mouthwash
o   Panty liner & sanitary napkin
o   Feminine wash
o   Tweezers, Shave/razors
o   Nail cutter
o   Cotton buds
o   Deodorant
  •         HYGIENE & COSMETICS

o   Lotion
o   Loose powder/pressed powder
o   Facial cleanser & Cotton balls
o   Perfume/cologne
o   Eyeliner, Eye curler, mascara
o   Concealer
o   Blush on & brush
o   Eye shadow
o   Lip balm or lip gloss & Lipstick
o   Hair polish or anti-frizzy hair serum
o   Comb
o   Mirror
o   Hand sanitizer & alcohol
o   Oil film strip
o   Wet tissue & Tissue paper
  •         FOODS

o   Bottled water or water tumbler
o   Sweets like candies and chocolates
o   Chips & energy bars
o   Basically foods that are light to carry & can make your stomach feel full in an instant

I hope the list would be useful and helpful when you are packing your bags for your future journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment